Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chillin'

I know that I've been super lax when it comes to being an "updater".  Here's the deal:  I'm thoroughly enjoying my summer with my family.  Period.  I told myself that I was going to become a super teacher extraordinaire this summer, and create 1001 packets for TpT, but it just hasn't happened yet.  Between regular, normal life stuff, I've felt like this was the summer to love my kids, my husband and my home (a little bit;).  So, what you see is what you get. What have I been doing all summer, you ask?


Making lots of breakfast...because I can. 


And dinner. Thanks Cara Carroll for the recipe to these absolutely awesome stuffed peppers! 



Teaching my children the importance of child labor....


Loving on Miss Daisy, who may or may not be pregnant at the moment (the jury is still out)...


Dealing with the great power outage of 2012 in WV by throwing away $500 in food and 
creating a spotless refrigerator.  I just made myself a little bit sick....


Making memories with the best friends a girl could ask for.....


Lara and I have the BEST time, no matter what the occasion 
(which may or may not have included Channing Tatum on this outing;)


For my sweet hubby's 40th, I surprised him with 2 days at the Greenbrier Classic in White Sulphur Springs, WV.  We spent the 4th hanging with friends watching Lionel Richie and Toby Keith.  
One of the best concerts ev-ah! 


Thank goodness our friends Tish and Missy were camping there for the week and saved super seats and let us hang at their camper while traffic cleared out.  One of the best nights I've ever had:)


And the next day....well, you're not supposed to take photos at the tournament. 
 But, when Tiger is 5 feet from you, you break the law.  



This past weekend was my favorite of the summer.  No schedule.  No worries.  
Just chilling with my loves.  I love it when they get along for 2 seconds....


Gratuitous crack picture...couldn't help myself.  


Another 2 seconds of getting along.  These are the moments I live for....


Now that you're on picture overload, I think we're all caught up....This is Bill's last week before he has to go back to work, so I'm trying to spend it making him not miserable to go back to work.  I'm prepping for a week of common core standards work (those of you who aren't teachers, this is something that would be boring to most except super nerds like me) and TRYING to work on my classroom...but just a little bit.  I'm on summer break, or have you forgotten?



No comments:

Post a Comment