Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fun In the Sun

After a few weeks of thinking our pool was going to be a thing of the past this summer, I am happy to report that we are up and running!  After replacing our VERY old, VERY ugly liner (thank you, Mr. Pat, our new best friend!) and replacing a part on our pump, we are now the once-again happy owners of a pool.  A wonderful, gorgeous pool to be exact.  I can't reiterate how wonderful it is to hang out with your buddies by your very own pool, not worrying if you're sucking in your gut at the moment or if your kids are OK.  Because it's your house! Who cares if you have a fat roll hanging out or if the kids go in and come back out 15 times in the afternoon?  I must say, I am one blessed girl.  We've probably gotten more enjoyment out of our backyard this year than we have in all of the years put together.  We're not taking a major vacation this summer, so this is it.  And we are definitely making the most of it.

This is, by far, one of the funniest pictures I've ever taken.  I told Chloe and Tanner to look at me and smile, and this is what I got.  "Jersey Shore", Craig Road style.  



Another great thing about having your own pool?  Swimming in the rain! 


I adore this pic (and the most-of-the-time sweet girl in it:)


Only a face a mother could love, right?  I told her she looks like Squidward in these goggles:) 

I'll say goodbye as I sit here in my bathing suit at my breakfast table gazing out the window at my sweet backyard.  Thinking of Pinterest projecting this afternoon....or sitting in the sun a little longer. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment