Sunday, June 10, 2012

Birthday Girls

So, I stink.  I've really neglected my little blog lately in lieu of more pressing matters, like cleaning and yard sales and beginning to pack my classroom to move it to its new little home.  When I updated my phone and dumped my photos, I had 77!  77!  Usually it's 5, 10 at the most.  That just showed me I was a complete and total slacker.  Here's a little recap of what we've been up to in the past few weeks.....

Chloe is officially a first grader. Sniff, sniff!  She had her awards ceremony and was the cutest thing around town.  She also received an award for Faithful Attendance.  When your Dad's the principal and your Mom's a teacher, you really have no choice but to go to school everyday,huh?!  If it wasn't for the stupid stomach virus, she would have been perfect! 

Chlo with Mrs. Jamie, her classroom aide, and Mrs. Thompson, her teacher.  Eva and Bill have been friends since middle school so it was easy leaving my baby girl everyday knowing she was with these 
two wonderful women. 

Hanna Grace is now 12.  Deep breath.  I cannot believe that this child is a year away from being an official teenager.  I see her growing and changing into a young woman everyday and it gives me goosebumps! Goodness, I love her! :)

We went to Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse to celebrate.  Chloe kept saying "Wow! 
This guy has food talent!"  

She wanted a chocolate torte for her birthday cake.  
I know it's not the prettiest thing, but, wow, it was GREAT! 


T-Ball ended for Chloe last week.  More importantly, they had Icee's in the concession stand.  Here are my friends Meagan and Wade's sweet girls, Carleigh and Karmen, and my other friends, Michael and April's daughters, Ayden and Kylee, with Chloe, loving life! 

Yesterday was baby girl's birthday.  This was taken around 9 a.m.  Our pool literally feels like it is filled with ice cubes.  However, according to Chloe, "On my birthday I get to do whatever I want.  So I want to swim.  Before breakfast."  So, there you go....


"I want to eat Cheetos for breakfast.  Because it's my birthday and you have to let me do what I want."  Seeing that orange dust all over that towel makes me gag. 

We let Chloe choose where she wanted lunch.  She chose Tenampa, our favorite little Mexican restaurant.  This was more about the sombrero and ice cream they smear on your nose instead of the food, but she was happy.  So everyone else was, too.  

We ended the night with more swimming, hot dogs and homemade Whoopie Pies (I know, my kids ask for the weirdest treats on their birthdays!)  


Are you tired of seeing a million pictures of my kids yet?  I promise next post will come MUCH sooner! We've been doing MAJOR renovations at our pool and patio, so get ready for lots of pics! Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog!!! Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks! I'm afraid I gag everyone with my photo overload, but I love looking at other's pics, so I have a ton, too! :)

    ReplyDelete