Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mama Gets Real (part 1)

This post is about "coming clean".  Those who see me, see someone who always seems to be smiling and puts on her "happy face" no matter what.  But, for those who KNOW me, I mean really KNOW me, they know that this gal is definitely not perfect.  Which leads me to my first photo:

Horrible quality, I know...but any guesses as to what this cavern's name may be? Oh, that's right.  That's the Preece family refrigerator.  Holding 3 inches of apple juice and a gigantic bottle of ketchup....and that's pretty much it.  Embarrassing?  Yes, quite.


Which led to this second embarrassment:

You can't see it, but there's also a 40 pound bag of dog food at the seat of the buggy.  
Yep, the dogs were starving, too.  I could hear people behind me cussing me under their breath......


So, these are the facts.  I'm completely and totally not the perfect mother.  Between end of the year stuff at school, ball games for both girls and just life in general, I hadn't bought proper groceries in .....3 weeks.  I would grab a gallon of milk on the way home from the gas station.  Chloe packed crackers and cold pizza in her lunch the other day.  Hanna took Pop Tart Minis to a party at school.  We carried ONE roll of toilet paper between our bathrooms for 2 days.  Yep, complete slacker mom. There, I said it.  


Now, the reason I've been so crazy busy.  Since Thursday, Hanna has had team pictures and played 4 games--2 double headers.  And, Chloe, the t-ball phenom, has had 2.  That's 6 games and 2 sets of pictures in 3 days.  Busted?  Yep, for sure.  But, who couldn't love this face? (No pics of Hanna because she's "too old and it messes with her concentration";)  I will brag and say she is KILLING the ball and doing a fantastic job this year.  Like most RBI's for her team, getting a hit most every time up to bat fantastic.


Chloe at 3rd base...her nickname from her coach is "Dirt Devil".....just guess.


Who wouldn't sit in the sun for hours on end and neglect everything for this face? 

Happy Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment