Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet Time with my Sweet Girl

This week has been a whirlwind of craziness...in the good way.  I took a "Mama Day" on Monday and spent the day with Chloe and her KG classmates...all 100 of them:)  We had a killer day at the park, riding the zip line, playing princess with our buddies and feasting on a Mickey D's picnic.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous--a perfect day:)

Heading to school that morning, sporting her superstar shades 
(which only cost 4 million tickets at Billy Bob's)


Chlo and some of her sweet buddies:)


Mr. Preece (aka Daddy) got to sneak out for an hour and hang out with the kiddos.  
He is really a rock star to those kids.  Makes me grin just thinking about it....


Tuesday was a rainy Election Day here in West Virginia, which meant ANOTHER day off!:)  I felt like I'd taken a mini-vacation.  I spent most of the morning reading and just chilling.  It was all kinds of amazing! That NEVER happens! We took the girls to dinner and to see The Avengers later that afternoon.  Um, Robert Downey, Jr..  Yes, please:) 



I know he's a little cuckoo, but I like witty, weird guys:)


It was back to work on Wednesday where I started a HUGE unit on my all time favorite book, Charlotte's Web.  It used to be a huge unit when I taught 4th grade, and I worried that I wouldn't be able to serve it justice in 2nd.  Boy, was I wrong.  I bought Abby Mullins' unit on Teachers Pay Teachers (which is phenomenal! Thanks, Abby!) and then added my own spin on things.  My kiddos are obsessed! We're keeping reading response journals on every chapter, which really gives them a better understanding of what is happening and why.  I'm so tickled that they're loving it as much as I do!  I'm planning on tons of pics tomorrow, so be prepared when Charlotte's Web throws up all over this page. :) 


We have a break in ball game action for the evening, so I'm going to spend it cleaning.  Yes, my kitchen is a wreck, I have super stinky clothes in my washer as we speak and my beautiful peony arrangement has bit the dust all over my buffet.  And I'm updating my blog.  Priorities, baby....:)


4 comments:

  1. Love it!! You are amazing!! Had a blast w/ you on Monday. Oh and Mr. Preece is a total rock star! He needs a pair of shades to match Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, isn't he!? I'm blessed beyond measure with the BEST husband around:) And, I must say that Monday was a treat--chilling and chatting with you without the Billy Bob's background music! :) Love ya! :)

      Delete
  2. Another great one - love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for an award on my blog this morning! :) Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete