Monday, May 7, 2012

Sundays....

I typically have one favorite day of the week that stands out from the others....it's never the same day, although weekend days typically win out more often. :)  This week, Sunday takes the cake.....

I started the morning off by doing something I don't do quite often---a huge, greasy, country breakfast.  I picked up a package of pork chops last week for a grilled dinner, but it never happened.  So, for the love of my oldest daughter who adores this breakfast, I decided to whip them up.  I also need to mention that I made the BEST biscuits that I've ever made in the last 12 years.  It's been the one thing I've never seemed to be able to master in the kitchen, so I was pretty tickled with the outcome.


My breakfast...in all of its greasy, flour-filled glory
(ignore the alien face in the background--Chlo is OBSESSED at the moment:)


After that gut-wrenching plate of wonderfulness, we jumped in the shower and headed to church.  This week, we attended Wayne United Methodist, which is Bill's home church.  He hadn't had the opportunity to hear their new pastor, Jake, preach.  Let me just say that the morning was truly blessed.  Jake sang Casting Crown's "The Well" and did an amazing job with it.  It was also Communion Sunday.  His message focused on the different paths God leads you to, and how, at the time, they may seem wrong, but they always have a purpose.  It's funny--I somehow ALWAYS hear exactly what I needed. 


A quick pic of the girls and me after church:)  


We spent the afternoon BUSY! Bill mowed and ran the weed eater for 6 hours, no joke.  We've just got a little bit of yard to take care of;) The girls and I spent that time cleaning Chloe's closet, folding 5 zillion loads of laundry and running to the grocery store.  I've been on a serious healthy eating kick since January, but that was all blown away today.  Hanna has BEGGED for grilled burgers for months now, so I obliged.  Pasta salad, homemade onion rings, the works.  And then I felt like I was dying.  This week, back on the wagon! 


My sister stopped by with a little gift from my mom.  They spent the weekend in Columbus for my niece Sabrina's volleyball tournaments.  Which meant plenty of shopping.  Somehow, I think Mom knew my diet was not holding up and I needed some inspiration.  


Can I just say I'm in love with these shoes?  Like I'm excited to go running this afternoon in love with them:)

I ended the evening downloading 14 million freebies on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Teacher Appreciation Day was this weekend, so they had a huge sale, along with a ton of freebies along the way.  I'm surprised that my friends and I didn't crash their site!  I create A LOT of my own stuff, but everyone needs a little help along the way.  I can't WAIT to use all of my new finds in my classroom next year! 

Happy Monday to all! I'm actually taking a "Mama Day" and going on Chloe's KG picnic! YIPPEE! 



4 comments:

  1. This brought back memories! One of Dad's favorites Meals was thin pork slices fried, biscuits, and gravy for breakfast!! I fixed it many times for him and Mom! Love the pictures! You're doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet are you!? Hanna absolutely begs for me to make this, but I've never perfected the biscuits (until now!!!) The next time I make them, I'll send a few plates a few doors down!:)

      Delete
  2. I just found your cute blog Amanda from a comment you made on Cara's. I love the name of it! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower! Congrats on your award too!

    The meal with the chili pork and avocado and black bean salad looks delish!

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Heather! Wow! I feel super important right now! :) Following you and adding you to my blog reads on my page:) And, LOVE your blogs as well! BTW the pork and black bean salad--YUM! I'll have to link the recipe although I'm a tweaker and NEVER follow it! :) Have a great day! :) You just made mine!

    ReplyDelete